Sunday, October 23, 2011

Obituary Sunday - Rev. Ernest J Fitzpatrick


I've decided to dedicate this week to my Paternal Grandfather - Reverend Ernest James Fitzpatrick. He is rather a roadblock for me for several reasons.

1) I never met him since he died 10 years before I was even born and 4 years before my parents were married.

2) He was born in Canada (Toronto) and it seems to be hard to get records from there sometimes. (He became a naturalzed a citizen of the US)

3) He fought in WWI for the US Army while still a citizen of Canada. As it says in his obit he won a Purple Heart, but have yet to prove Have send to VA for more details, but they couldn't find anything. Is there another source to check out?

4) It is said that his father was a missionary and he (grandfather) got some of his education over in South Africa. I have written several times to verify with no results.

No comments:

Post a Comment