Monday, December 22, 2014
Well I was an epic fail in 2014 with keeping up with the blog and doing genealogy the right way... I did manage to prove a Minnesota Pioneer this year, so was able to join Minnesota Territorial Pioneers through Charles Nelson Stewart.
I want to try to get my paperwork together for Wisconsin Century/Pioneer (Wisconsin State Genealogical Society) - I have 2 people that I could do.
I would also like to finalize my paperwork for National Society of New England Women and try to find a 1812 soldier in the family.
But most and foremost I need to get my my act together with doing the research.
I've decided to join Thomas MacEntee and his Genealogy Do-Over in 2015 (Starting January 2, 2015)
You can find the schedule and more details here....
You start all over (boxing up what you have, so you can start with a clean slate) You can still use documents that you might have had to pay for (vital records) and those from far away research.
1) Learn to cite my sources correctly. I know I haven't always done the best job through the years.
2) Have a Research Log (learn how to use one)
3) Try to do more on the blog during the process - blog on how things are going.
4) Organize (via computer and files while doing the Do-Over)
5) Hope to participate in a 52 week blogging meme (not sure what's on for this year)