Saturday, May 7, 2011

Getting Back to It

I need to get back to my page I’ve been working on my genealogy, but not publishing what I’ve been doing. I just finished helping my nephew with his "Pilgrim" homework. They had to identify the relative who came to America, when, why, etc. We used Elder Edmund Frost who came in 1635 and who was one of the group to help found Harvard College.

I think to drive me to post everyday I will post the events of my family for each day. Please feel free to point me to the memes of the day. I will be going through my pictures to post for Wordless Wednesdays.

I have posted my family to WikiTree to see what leads that might bring. It looks like it might be an interesting site to work with. What other places do you post your family files? (Ancestry, RootsWeb, Geni)

I want to try to submit my family for DAR membership this year. It’s time I’ve been working on it for several years now and I’ve finally gotten most of the documentation. Just waiting for a marriage certificate from Montana now. I figure after that’s confirmed I can then look at other societies (First Families of some of the New England States). What do you belong to and how long did it take you to apply and get your information together. I realize there are some Societies out that that are by invitation only – do you belong to any of them?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue,
    First thanks for Following me. I'm sure somewhere in our trees we will find a NE connection. Regarding your above post, I post my info. to RootsWeb and have a very old one on Ancestry.

    Years ago, I was in the DAR, but because of a move, I dropped membership. Outside of a few societies or clubs, I'm not a member of any other genealogy organization.

    I used to blog everyday, but in the last few months decided it was taking way too much time. Now, during the great weather, I'm cutting way back. So, don't be too hard on yourself if you don't do it every day. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete